Employee Leadership Helps Achieve Industry Leading EHS Results
At RR Donnelley, we strive to continuously improve our safety and environmental performance. We do this by ensuring we have the programs, practices, and resources to help us protect our employees and visitors, and in preserving our environment. It means we want to achieve zero injuries and zero environmental incidents.
We start with a corporate EHS Policy applicable to all worldwide locations and that defines how we manage Environmental Health & Safety at RR Donnelley. To measure our conformance to this Policy, we have developed several Objectives.
The results we've seen and the progress we continue to enjoy comes down to a single factor - our people. The employees of RR Donnelley understand that safety and environmental protection is part of what each of us is supposed to do every day, every hour on the job. The dedication of our people to their own safety, the safety of their coworkers, and to the environment, is why we've seen higher and higher performance every year.
We won't be satisfied as long as any employee is hurt and we won't stop working to reduce our impact on the environment.
Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
It is the policy of RR Donnelley to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the public, and to conduct all activities in an environmentally responsible manner. We commit to this policy worldwide as an integral part of being the world's premier full-service printing and communications services company.
Senior Corporate management shall ensure alignment of RR Donnelley's worldwide business strategy and operations with this Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policy and confirm the commitment of RR Donnelley to:
- Conduct global operations in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and other requirements, anticipate EHS issues and promote appropriate voluntary initiatives that support this policy;
- Strive for an injury free workplace through high employee involvement and a strong health and safety program;
- Minimize the EHS impact to our employees, facilities, and communities in which we do business;
- Strive to continuously improve global EHS performance by utilizing practices that protect employees and the environment, including reducing the quantity of emissions, developing opportunities for recycling and pollution prevention and using paper, energy, and other resources more efficiently;
- Partner with our customers to ensure that we manufacture, source, and distribute products that meet all applicable safety regulations;
- Train and motivate employees to conduct their activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner; and
- Review and report to the Executive Operations Management on a periodic basis the EHS performance of the global operations which may include the setting and review of EHS objectives and targets used to promote continuous improvement.
Furthermore, RR Donnelley will undertake to earn the public trust by communicating about our policies, programs and performance, and by advocating sound laws and regulations.
The Governance, Responsibility & Technology Committee of the Board of Directors has overall responsibility for endorsing the policies adopted with regard to EHS. The Corporate EHS Organization shall review this policy with this Committee on a periodic basis.